Commission in consultation with Government, shall by notification in the official Gazette, constitute in each district, a District Committee on the status of women.
A District Committee shall consist of a Chairperson, who shall be a person committed to the cause of women and shall consist of ten (10) members in the following manner:
- Two of these members shall be from amongst the elected members of the District Council, who shall be recommended by the Commission.
- Executive District Officers of the Social Welfare Department and Planning and Development Department and Finance Departments shall be the ex-officio members of a District Committee.
- At least one (01) woman from the minorities in the districts to be nominated by the Commission.
- One (01) member from District Bar Council to be nominated by the President of the Bar Council. &
- Three (03) members from civil society organizations to be nominated by the Commission.
Majority of the members shall be women.
The Chairperson and the members shall be appointed by Government on the recommendation of the Commission.